Every Connecticut business needs to have the appropriate filings and documents in place. No matter what kind of enterprise you’re thinking of running, you may need to have what’s called a certificate of good standing to achieve all of your business goals.
What Is a Certificate of Good Standing?
A certificate of good standing is a document that certifies that a business is properly registered, compliant with all legal standards, and is authorized to operate legally in that state. Essentially, this certification tells vendors, business partners, and other organizations that the state of Connecticut considers them safe, authorized, and reliable to work with.
Other names for a certificate of good standing may include:
- Certificate of status
- Certificate of facts
- Letter of good standing
- Certificate of existence
- Certificate of legal existence
Who Needs to Have a Certificate of Good Standing?
Some common business documents are things that you need to have at all times just to operate legally. A certificate of good standing, on the other hand, is something that mainly comes into play when others ask to see it. If you have a Connecticut business and plan to work with vendors, suppliers, financial institutions, etc., you’re more than likely going to need this certification before they’ll agree to do business with you.
Examples of situations that might require a certificate of good standing include:
- Renting commercial property
- Buying or leasing commercial vehicles
- Soliciting for investments
- Applying for a license to do business out of state
- Opening a line of credit with vendors/suppliers
- Opening various bank accounts for your business
Although you don’t necessarily need a certificate of good standing until it is requested, it’s a good idea for newly formed businesses to apply for one right away if they intend on doing any of the above. Having this certificate ready to go makes all of these processes faster and easier.
How to Get Your Certificate of Good Standing in Connecticut
Before you can be certified as a business in good standing, you have to make sure you really are in good standing. This means making sure you have all the necessary licenses and permits, are paying taxes on an appropriate schedule, and are keeping up with annual reporting. Even if it’s an unintentional oversight, your application will be denied if you’re not compliant.
You can apply for a certificate by mailing a paper form to the state, but applying online is faster and can offer a little more guidance.
Here’s how it works when you apply with FastFilings:
- Start by filling out our online form, providing basic contact information and details about your business. If you have all the information on hand, this step can be done in about 5 minutes.
- Pay a small filing fee and submit your form. Our team will check your application for errors, then send it to the state for processing.
- Wait for your documents to be delivered. We put a rush on all applications, and we’ll return your certificate to you as soon as it’s available (in some cases, the same business day!).
FastFilings Makes It Easier to Get the Documents You Need for Your Business
At FastFilings, our goal is to make getting the business documents and certification you need as simple and efficient as possible.
Here are just a few reasons why we’re the best choice for getting your certificate of good standing in Connecticut:
- Filing with us is significantly faster than filing by mail. Our online form takes less than 5 minutes to complete, and you can talk to us about your application at any time.
- You’ll receive your documents in a timely, reliable manner. There’s no waiting for physical mail to be delivered, and there’s no risk of your certificate being lost or damaged in transit.
- Our simple form makes the application process easy and we check all information for errors before submission. You never have to worry that you’ve missed a section or filled something out wrong.
- We have the kind of professional experience you can trust. Since 2013, we’ve helped all kinds of businesses successfully acquire tens of thousands of important documents.
- We charge only a small filing fee, giving you the assistance and peace of mind you need at a price you can afford.
Whether you’re just starting out or taking an existing company to the next level, we can help fast track all your business filing needs.
Start applying for your Connecticut certificate of good standing today by filling out our easy online form.