What's in the Statement of Information?
In California, the Statement of Information is a document prepared by a business and sent to the CA Secretary of State to verify certain facts. The information on the document includes:
- The registered name of the business
- The 7- or 12-digit Secretary of State File Number
- Business street address (and mailing address, if different)
- Name & address of the Chief Executive Officer
- Name & address of the other officers/members/managers
- Name & address of the director (for Stock and Agricultural Cooperative Corporations)
- Name & address of the California Agent
- A brief description of the business
To be considered valid, your San Jose Statement of Information must be signed at the bottom.
Note that there are actually two different CA Secretary of State Statement of Information forms:
- Form SI-550 is for corporations
- Form LLC-12 is for limited liability companies (LLCs)
Be sure to select the right form for your Statement of Information in San Jose.