What's in the Statement of Information?
A CA Secretary of State Statement of Information lists various facts associated with a specific business:
- The registered name of the business
- The Secretary of State File Number
- The business street address
- The business mailing address (if different from street address)
- Name & address of Chief Executive Officer
- Name & address of other officers, members, or managers
- Name & address of director (only for Stock and Agricultural Cooperative Corporations)
- Name & address of California Agent
- A short description of the business
The Statement must also be signed at the bottom.
There are two distinct Statement of Information forms: Form SI-550 (corporations) and Form LLC-12 (limited liability companies). Be sure to select the form that applies to your business structure.