What's in the Statement of Information?
The State of California Secretary of State Statement of Information lists and verifies certain facts about an individual business:
- The registered name of the business
- The street address and mailing address of the business
- The Secretary of State File Number of the business (7 or 12 digits)
- The name and address of the CEO
- The name and address of the other officers (corporations) or managers/members (LLCs)
- The name and address of the director (applies only to Stock and Agricultural Cooperative Corporations)
- The name and address of the California Agent for Service of Process
- A brief description of the nature of the business
The Statement must be signed and dated at the bottom.
There are actually two separate types of Statements. The one you should fill out depends on the legal structure your Ventura County business operates under:
- Corporations use Form SI-550
- LLCs use Form LLC-12
Be sure to select the proper form when filling out your Statement of Information in Ventura County.