Your first Statement of Information is due within 90 days of forming your San Bernardino business. After that, Statements are due annually or biennially, depending on the type of business entity you operate, as follows:
- Corporations – Annually
- Registered Foreign Corporations – Annually
- General Cooperative Corporations & Agricultural Co-ops – Annually
- Nonprofits – Biennially (every 2 years)
- LLCs – Biennially (every 2 years)
- Credit Unions – Biennially (every 2 years)
The state gives you a six-month filing window, which includes the entire month in which you originally registered your business, plus the preceding 5 months.
For example, if you first registered your corporation in the month of November, your next Statement of Information will be due the following year by the end of November. But you can file anytime between June 1 and November 30 of that year.