What's in the Statement of Information?
The CA Secretary of State Statement of Information simply lists, and provides official confirmation of, a handful of basic facts about your business. It is not a financial statement. The document includes:
- The registered name of the business entity
- The Secretary of State File Number (7 or 12 digits) of the business
- The street address and mailing address of the business
- Name & address of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Name & address of the other officers (for corporations) or managers/members (for LLCs)
- Name & address of the director (only for Stock and Agricultural Cooperative Corporations)
- Name & address of the California Agent for Service of Process
- A short description of the nature of the business
In addition, your Statement of Information in Oakland must be signed.
You should be aware that there are actually two different types of Statement of Information forms. Form SI-550 is intended for corporations; Form LLC-12 is for limited liability companies (LLCs).