New York
Certificate of Authority (Wholesale License)

A Certificate of Authority is required for any business selling tangible goods in New York. This permit is also known as a wholesale license, a resale license, a sales permit, and a resale certificate.

Who Needs a Certificate of Authority?

Any business in New York that plans to sell or lease tangible goods or personal property. That includes any business or entity type: individuals, LLCs, corporations, partnerships, and even businesses who’s corporate office is outside of New York.
In other words, if you are a business and you will be selling items in New York, you are required to get a Certificate of Authority.
New York Seller Permits

How Does my Business Get a Certificate of Authority?

To get a Certificate of Authority, simply click here. We’ve designed our NY Certificate of Authority service to be simple, convenient, and fast. By using our service, you can avoid confusing NY  paperwork and application forms, and you don’t have to risk a rejected application due to an error or mistake. Due to our direct electronic state filing methods we can have your seller’s permit to you in as little as a few hours.

We process all orders quickly, and we error check and review all permit orders before submitting to New York State to ensure that all permits are issued quickly.

About Our Service

FastFilings is a private permit and license filing service. We file all permit and license requests directly with the issuing government office, however we are not a government agency, and you may obtain documents at a reduced through your district office.

Our goal is to help you avoid the hassle and headache with ordering a permit directly through your district office. We error check and expedite all orders through the state agency.

What Must I Provide?

Generally we will require:

  1. Entity type
  2. Business name
  3. Driver license number for owner or officer
  4. Business address and phone number
  5. Social security number
  6. Projected monthly sales